Friday, March 26, 2010

Quotes

When I first started scrapbooking, quotes were very popular. I remember often scouring the web for the perfect quote to include on a layout.

I find that I still like to use quotes on my layouts, but nowadays, they're quotes that come directly from the mouths of my children, instead of someone famous from long ago.

I love scrapbooking for the purpose of memory keeping, but I find it's not only the events that I want to look back on fondly, but also the little moments and the cute things that my kids have said.

Case in point: Last summer, when we were walking around the lake in Denver, my then six year old son, Jonah, kept stopping to point out views for me to take photos of. Each time he did, he called it a "centrepiece." A perfect title for a layout, don't you think?

(I used Bazzill cardstock, Little Yellow Bicycle pp, October Afternoon letter stickers and Basic Grey and Autumn leaves buttons, all from the Shoppe.)

1 comment:

valerie said...

lol...love it! I love using my kids quotes on my pages. There are so many you could use ;)