Saturday, September 5, 2009

Layering

I think if I had a theme for my September kit layouts, it would be layering!

Layering is so fun to do, especially with rub-ons, shapes cut out of patterned paper and pretty brads.

Here's what I did. I cut out the rub-on shape I wanted to use and placed it on my layout with the backing still on. Then with my craft knife (& sometimes with a circle punch) I cut out the flowers from the Bo Bunny patterned paper and placed those on my layout, without adhesive. Then I moved things around until I was happy with the result. I rubbed on my rub-ons, adhered my patterned paper in place and added a pretty brad (or two, or three...)

Here are some examples:






(With this layout, I also added some AC felt flowers (also from the kit) & a scalloped punch to the layering goodness.)


(On this layout, I printed out my journaling in a circle in Word and printed it onto the My Mind's Eye pp that came in the kit, to add to the layers.)


1 comment:

jen k said...

loved all your los with the kit this month Leigh!!