Wednesday, November 10, 2010

christmas gifts part 1

my work always does homemade or locally made gifts for christmas. sounds nice, in theory, but you try working with 17 graphic designers and tell me there's no pressure to make your own gift!

last year, i made cards for my coworker as she was moving to hawaii, so i thought it would be fitting. this year, i've decided to make cards again, for my coworker and my sister in law. over the next few weeks, i'll show you what i've made and how to make them. i also plan on making a baby book for my coworker (similar to this book i've made before), as she's just coming off mat leave, and will show you how i make it as well.

this first card was super fun to make and i think works well as a card for a kid. my coworker and sister in law both have children, so i thought making a lot of kid appropriate cards was a must.

supplies used: coredinations + bazzill cardstock, pebbles pp, red baker's twine

i stole the idea for this card from this site, and followed the instructions pretty much exactly. i did cut the size down since i wanted to include matching envelopes and the ones i had on hand were too small for the original design. these cards are the standard 4.25 x 5.5, as will the rest of the ones i make. one card opens horizontally, the other opens vertically.

No comments: