Thursday, January 27, 2011

my go-to scrap supplies.

for today's post, i thought i would tell you what my favourite and go-to scrap supplies are. although, if i'm honest, these poor guys haven't gotten much action lately.

1. scotch quick dry adhesive
yes, i know there are tape runners and other such adhesives out there, but for some reason i can't part with my glue. i'm sure in 10 years all my photos will have fallen off, but i love this stuff. it has a fine tip, which is great for small items (beat that, tape runner!) and i feel like it lasts me forever. oh wait, maybe that's because i never scrap?

2. fiskars threading water punch
i was hesitant about buying this punch at first, but it's now become such a staple, i can't imagine living without it!
3. black, fine point zig pen.
i'm very, very particular about my pens. and so far, i'm loving this one! the tip is fine and it writes great.
4. mist, and more mist.
i was slow to jump on the mist bandwagon, thinking it would be a fad that would die over time. well, that never happened. so i reluctantly bought one. and it's changed my world. mists add that great little something to every layout, without being too much. the only drawback is your inability to control it, but in a way, that's what i love about it too. two faves are studio calico calico white mister huey and maya road sunflower yellow.

5. alphas.
i have a few alphas that i could use over and over again for certain things. for instance, these sassafras glitter alphas are definitely a fave. i love the colours, the size, the font....everything!
and for cards, i love these two alphas by making memories. they're the perfect size and add just the right amount of sparkle. the pink one is more fuschia and is glittered as well.

6. kraft cardstock.
i'm sure this is no surprise to you. kraft is definitely a go-to item for me. the only thing is that i bought a pack of kraft when i was in edmonton last year and it was different than the kraft you normally see. problem is, i can't remember what brand it was and i haven't seen it anywhere since. so now that beloved shade sits in my basket untouched, until i can find some more.
7. coredinations stormy gray cardstock.
next to kraft, charcoal is definitely a fave cardstock colour. and the new coredinations cardstock is fabulous. it's a great shade of gray and has amazing texture.
8. shipping tags.
blame it on lisa, but i can't get enough of shipping tags. i need to use them on every single layout! i buy mine in packs of 100 at staples for only $3 or so.
9. twine.
i usually top my shipping tags off with baker's twine. there was a bunch in the shoppe at one point, but they're all sold out now. i've also bought martha stewart twine at michaels, but it only comes out during christmas.
10. hp everyday photo paper.
lastly, since i print my pictures at home, i've found hp everyday photo paper works well. i tried various types of photo paper, and found this to be the best for my printer. it comes in semi-gloss and matte at staples, and this time around i picked up matte. i'm not sure if i love it or not....it really feels like lighter cardstock, compared to the semi-gloss.
so tell me - what are YOUR go-to scrap supplies?

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Great list, Flo!
Mine would include:
1. Ivory or white cardstock
2. My SU! scalloped edge punch
3. Patterned paper
4. my Tombo Dot & Roller adhesive
5. My ruler
6. My sewing machine
7. Alphas
8. I also like the Zig pen
9. Decorative brads
10. My new dies for my Cuttlebug