Monday, January 24, 2011

using your stash....

So last night i decided that i wanted
to make something using some of my
favourite "things" that i tend to
hoard for "later"...i know you know
what i'm talking about. that perfect
rubon that doesn't have a home, or
that piece of flair that is just to
pretty to close up in a scrapbook..

So this is what i created.
it all started with the owl in the middle,
i just love it and have been saving it
for something, but have had it awhile...



from there i just went thru my bits and
pieces looking for the things i've been
hoarding, like the rainbow and deer rubons,
the cute buttons...and i only used scraps
for the patterned paper.
some squares are pop-dotted, others not.
i'm not sure if you can see it, but i started
by sewing a grid on the paper.

I plan on hanging this somewhere in my scrap
space, so i can look at it. it was really fun
to do this little project. i feel like i can
now use some of those items i've been "saving".

if you've been inspired to do the same, please
share!!! post it in the gallery so we can all
see!!! i'd love to see what some of YOUR fave.
things are!!!

later!!
Jen

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Jen! It's very cool!

Laurie said...

I love this too Jen. I am such a hoarder of little things... you know.... I just want to make sure I do them justice when I use them.... you sure did! Great job!