Friday, February 18, 2011

Winter Sketch #8 & a bonus

For my sketch this week, I chose a sketch made by Jennifer Gallacher at 2Peas:



Here's the layout I made with it:



I decided to rotate the sketch once and use three photos instead of four. I really liked the circles in a row and decided to include them on my layout. However, when I was putting it together, I realized that I didn't have room for a title along the bottom, so I placed it in one of the circles instead.

If you'd like to play along with my Winter Sketches, just create a layout using one of the sketches I post. Post your layout in the MSS gallery and then link it to this thread in the forum. Your name will be entered into a draw to win a RAK from me.

And now for the bonus....

As I was making this layout, I kept thinking of challenges that would go along with it. (Not sure why-- it's just how I'm wired!)

Anyway, I thought I'd post those challenges here and if you create a layout using the sketch & one of these challenges, then your name will be entered in the draw twice. Use two challenges with the sketch, and your name will be entered in three times, etc.

So, here are the challenges:

1. Mix up your size of photos. No two photos can be the same size. On my layout, the large photo is 5"x7", the centre one is 2 5/8"x4" and the third one is 2 7/8"x4".

2. Alter a premade embellishment. The little owl in the circle is MME and came in a pack of layered stickers. However, her little bow was blue and now what I wanted for the layout. So I cut her a new bow from patterned paper so she'd coordinate better with my layout.



3. Use pop dots to add some dimension to your page. Other than with the layered owl sticker, I added pop dots to my circles/heart to raise them off the scalloped circles a little.

4. Use a sentiment stamp as your title. I used the little "just for you" stamp as my title.



5. Use 2 or more punches. I used four on this page.

Alright, I think that's good. I hope you'll play along with my bonus challenges this week.

No comments: