Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My stamps & dies books

Several weeks ago, inspired by this post, I made a couple of books to help me keep track of my stamp & dies inventory. I thought I'd share them with you, today.

The books are basically the same... They are both 6"x5.5" made with plain white cardstock and chipboard covers, attached together with a binder ring.

For my stamp book, at the front, I have a list of my inks (note, I'm expecting an order of new ink and once I get it, I want to redo this list, in the order of the rainbow.)




The following pages contain all of my stamps, stamped into it with black ink. I have my sentiments stamps sets...


And my images...


I find that this book really helps me when I'm looking for a certain stamp, or just basically reminds me of what I have.

For my dies book, I have my alphabet dies...




...my shaped dies & punches...




... my embossing folders...


... and my impression plates.


Again, this helps me to keep track of what I have. On each page of the book, I've labeled what everything is.

Another cool thing that I can do with these books is use them together, to see what stamps fit with which dies...

For instance, I was thinking of using the top image of my SU! Bliss set...


And wondered if it would fit on my Mat Stack #5 die.


So I took the page with my die and layered it over my stamped image, like this.


And could see how well it would fit.



Thanks for looking!

No comments: