Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Trying to fake it

I loved the look of the Prima Lollipop flowers that are in the February kit. The ones I received in my kit were yellow and I thought one would work perfectly on the page I was making... but it was the wrong colour.

So, I decided to try and make my own.

What you need:
cardstock, patterned paper
circle cutter
baby wipe (or a damp paper towel)
edge distresser
Versamark ink
white embossing powder
heat gun
a mini-brad

Here's what I did:

1. I cut two circles of kraft cardstock (different sizes) and three from Pink Paislee patterned paper, in sizes so they would nest together.

2. I wet the edges of each circle and then distressed them a bit. I also played with bending and shaping the edges to get the look I was going for.

3. I inked some of the edges of the flowers with versamark and then covered them with white embossing powder. I heated them with my heat gun. (If you don't have embossing powder and a heat gun, I think white paint on the edges would work, too.)

4. I stacked them together, poked a hole through the middle and attached a mini-brad.

Here's the end result:



(You can click on the photo to see it larger.)
And how it looks on the page:

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

Brilliant!!! I think I'll be making some too! your flower and layout look great!