Friday, March 6, 2009

Ooops!!

Do you ever have those "ooops" moments when creating a layout?

I do. Often.

What do you do when this happens? Are you tempted to start over? For a perfectionist like me, it's very tempting to start over. But I would go through a lot of supplies that way, and, although I like things perfect, I'm also very cheap. ;)

So, when an "ooops" moment occurs, I like to remember something I read in a CK magazine years ago, by Faye Morrow Bell (remember her?) She said: "Mistakes are just opportunities to be creative." It was totally an "Aha! moment" for me when I first read those words and they've stuck with me.

So, when I make a mistake on my layout, I like to think: "Hmmm, how can I get creative with this?"

Here's an example of an "ooops" moment from earlier this week.

I was sewing on my layout, as I love to do. I'd made one round on my machine around the border of my layout and was thinking of going a second time around. My dd asked if she could help. So, I let her press down on the pedal of my machine while I sewed. Normally, she's pretty good at stopping when I ask her to, but it was going too fast and the stitching ran off the side of the page. Since I didn't feel like redoing the whole page, I just thought, how can I make this work? I decided to run off the edge of each corner, so they were all the same.



And here's the finished layout, that I made with the March kit:



And since we've had a request for another early bird challenge, here's one for this layout:

#5: Tie one on

Create an embellishment on your page using ribbon.


Can't wait to see your creations!

No comments: