Friday, June 4, 2010

Camouflage with journaling cards

One of the great things about digital cameras is the option to edit photos before you print them. And one of the things I almost use to edit my photos is the crop feature. It's super.

However, sometimes the crop feature still isn't enough to get rid of things in your photo that you'd like to leave out.

Enter in scrapbooking and the art of camouflage.

Example #1:

In these photos of my son and I at the Teddy Bear picnic, there was a pink bicycle parked beneath the tree he was climbing. I used a diecut journaling card and placed it over the bike in the photo and voilĂ ! No more bike!



Example #2:

In this next picture, I liked the composition of my daughter and son practising soccer together, but once I had it developped, I found the people sitting around them distracting. So I used my paper trimmer to cut off part of the left side of the photo and another journaling diecut to cover up some of the people on the right. This way, the focus is more on my daughter.



Example 3:

In this layout, I had taken a picture of two of my kids at camp and wanted the sign with the name of the Bible Camp in the photo with them. However, in doing so, I also got a parking sign in the shot. Once again, I used a journaling card to cover the item in the photo that I wanted to eliminate.



Do you have any tips to share about using camouflage techniques on your layouts?

No comments: