Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Border Tip #2



Cutting up paper.

Again... instead of using just a strip of paper, what about cutting up a pattern in your paper and laying it down like a border.

In this layout I trimmed off a long strip, but then cut it up and randomly spaced them along the bottom of my page (I also threw in a different pattern just for fun). Add some machine stitching from end to end and voila!


In this next layout I took the obvious pattern in this paper and cut out the little cars. Then I placed a few on my page and created a little parade. Machine stitching again, and done.



And, bonus points if you noticed that I also started small borders wth embellishments... another thing you can try!

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great idea and layouts, Marcy!

Liz Goldhawk said...

Love these ideas (and the layouts)!