Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In the details... reusing things

Yesterday I talked about repurposing packaging from scrappy products.

Today, I'm thinking along the line of what makes scrapping easier.

Sometimes, it makes things go a lot quicker to use a sketch, scraplift someone or reuse one of your own favourite designs.

I also like to reuse titles and journaling... in my Word program.

Once I've typed up my journaling or title, I save it (either in my scrapbooking folder or my cards folder.) Then, I can go back and use it again--- just change out the journaling, but the spacing/sizing can be the same.

Or, like my example here, just change up the font and print it out again. Jonah was invited to two birthday parties this weekend. I made one card with a Sassfrass chipboard owl and this title.



So, for my second card, I decided to reuse my title, but changed the font and design of the card, using a Hero Arts Stamp and making my own tree.

1 comment:

Liz Goldhawk said...

LOVE the cards and the sentiments!!! Great idea to re-use and change a few things up!