Sunday, May 24, 2009

In the details....

I love our gallery and looking at layouts online, but it really can't compare to seeing layouts in real life. That seems to be where the little details of a layout really stand out and you notice them.

This week, I thought I'd try to highlight some layouts and point out the "little details" that really make them shine.

My first example is the layout that I made this weekend using Liz's sketch #25. When I was putting the layout together (something I always find quite easy to do when I have a great sketch to use as a base, the chipboard flower didn't seem to be working for me very well. It just felt like there was something missing.



So, I went back to the package of chipboard to see if I could use something else instead, when I got the idea to layer a couple of different chipboard shapes together. This definitely gave me the finished look I was going for.



Thanks for looking!

No comments: