Thursday, August 13, 2009

A mini-album with the August kit

I loved the papers that came in the August kit and knew they would be perfect for a mini-book that I wanted to make for my SIL as a thank you for hosting us while we visited them in Denver.

(I was really happy with the end result-- it was hard to give it away!)

As I usually do with mini-books, I kept a fairly basic design throughout the book, but changed up the elements and papers to give it interest. My favourite part was selecting a symbol for each page from the sheet of October Afternoon patterned paper called Dew Drop Inn. I was so pleased to find one that worked for each photo!






(You can click on the images to see them larger.)

In addition to the kit, I used some other sheets of October Afternoon pp from the Road Map line, some American Crafts thickers and a Making Memories journaling stamp, all from the Shoppe.

6 comments:

deryqueen said...

Awesome Mini Album Leigh...looks great and I like how you kept it simple and clean

Liz Goldhawk said...

wow... what a fantastic gift to remember the trip. I love it!

Anne Krashel said...

Love this Leigh. She's a very lucky SIL!

ellen s. said...

looove it!

Eva said...

Love this!

Unknown said...

Its awesome gift...
thanks for sharing..
--
Michell
Wireless Home Alarm Security Systems