Saturday, August 22, 2009

Misting: a tutorial

I've been noticing a new trend in spraying mists on your layouts and wanted to try it out.

Marcy carries some spray mists at the Shoppe, which is a great way to go. I wanted to try it first, however, before buying some, because, well, I'm cheap. I mean, frugal. ;)

So, here's what I did.

I went to Walmart and on their clearance rack, I found this bottle of Black Cherry room spray (it smelled like cough syrup!) and emptied it down the drain.



Then I added several drops of SU! reinker, along with some water to my bottle.



I punched a few circles from cardstock and adhered them in place on my cardstock (this would be the background of my layout.) Then, I found an 8" deep box and put my layout in it (this is to prevent overspray and avoids getting your area sprayed.) I liberally misted the cardstock and removed it from the box.



When I removed the cardstock circles, I had circles on my layout the colour of my cardstock.



Then, I put my layout together.



Where the negative circles were, I placed buttons.



And that's it.

There are so many things that you could do with the mists, using punches, diecut shapes, masks, mixing more than one colour of mist, etc. For those of you who enjoy techniques, I suggest you give mists a try.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marcy said...

very cool.