Friday, December 18, 2009

A fun little project

As soon as I saw these adorable chipboard characters by My Mind's Eye , I knew I wanted to make something for my daughter to enjoy.

So, I visited my local Thrift Store and found this metal tray -- a steal at $0.25!



I covered it with some My Mind's Eye patterned paper and some white Bazzill cardstock that I stamped with a snowflake image & versamark ink and then heat embossed. I added the chipboard trees & snowflakes and adhered it all with hot glue. Then, I ran a bead of hot glue around the edge if the circle and sprinkled it with white glitter.



I hot glued some magnets to the back of the little chipboard people, animals and snowmen, so Sage could move them around and play with them.





When I gave it to her, she was just thrilled with what I'd made.



Supplies used: My Mind's Eye chipboard and patterned paper, Bazzill cardstock, all from the Shoppe.

5 comments:

flo said...

Leigh, this is so cute!!

xoxo... t said...

I absolutely love this project!

carol said...

that is so cool! Love it, may copy this idea too! Way to recycle!

Anne Krashel said...

Wow, that is brilliant Leigh!! Love it.

Susi said...

I soooo want to make this as part of my girls Christmas gift. I'll have to hit MSS SOON!