Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Featuring June Kit Layouts!

Rise and Shine... the June kit is here, and the June gallery is filling up with layouts! I thought I'd feature a few of my favourites this month... but make sure you check them all out in the June Kit Gallery!


Nicole is the Guest Designer this month, and I love what she did with the kit. I love the stitching she uses on her layouts, and the way she uses patterned papers as the background. This one caught my eye because of the title placement and layering.



Jen always uses the kits in ways that don't even occur to me, but inspire me when I see them. I absolutely love the way she used the paper as inspiration to make her own stem with leaves as an accent. And the photos... she's so lucky to have them!


I love the topic of this layout Leigh did... I thought of a similar idea when I saw this paper in the kit, but I couldn't make it come together. Leigh's journaling always inspires me... love the font, love the way she justified it, and I love the way she did the title.


I love the way Marcy uses blocks of paper on her layouts, and this one jumped out to me in the gallery thumbnails. I love the way she used the edge of the Sassafrass paper along the top, and that crumpled bit of paper with the stitching at the side adds so much detail!


When I saw all the buttons included in this kit, it made me remember how much I like using them on layouts... I used them as accents on the polka dot paper and for my flower centres. I always look forward to seeing the stamp with the kit each month, and I try to use it a couple different ways. The one in the June kit is perfect for putting dates in, using behind a title (like Leigh did on her Hike No. 2 layout) or making a border like I did on this layout.


I hope some of these layouts inspire you to use your June kit... I know I have lots of ideas after browsing the gallery!

1 comment:

carol said...

These are great! I've never bought a kit before, but this one will be my first! Love what you girls did with it!