Wednesday, June 17, 2009

why bother??

why bother doing a Book about Me?
well...why not?
my reasons are...

1. when my kids are older, it would be fun to look back at what mommy was like, not just the girls.

2.its an excuse to be completely carefree with my supplies. There's no pressure to impress anyone in particular, just yourself..

3. there should be more photos and layouts of the scrapboooker in albums.

...well that's actually about all i can think of,
but still..its just fun to do something different..
i get stuck doing "moment" los alot, i love them, but BOM challenges throw
something different in the mix.

here is the title page i did the last time around...
maybe this will inspire you a little bit?



if there is a challenge you'd like to do, then PM me...
and i can post it on the site...
a couple maybe we could do again..............

like, what did you want to be when you grew up?


also, just because these are pages about you, doesn't mean your photo has to be on it. shoot, it sometimes doesn't need a photo at all!


how about scrapbooking a xmas memory?


so these are just a couple of ideas...
i have a bunch more up my sleeve..
if i see some title pages posted in the gallery i may post another
challenge this weekend.

later!
Jen

5 comments:

Julia said...

I'm interested in this challenge, but I might be a bit behind. Hubby is a teacher so he's busy with report cards and I can't scrap without his help looking after our 18 month and 1 month old babies :)

Can't wait to get to MSS and pick out an album for this project!

jen k said...

hey Julia!!! no pressure!!!
i do notice though some people scrap theres in a smaller size to make it easier! i always scrapped (and still do) after my kids go to bed...hope you can join!!! can't wait to see what you do!!

Sherri said...

Hey Jen,
I've got my binder, some new paper, and a couple of pix...I'm ready to begin. You've given us some really great inspiration too. About the Fisher Price house, I so loved that house!!! Wish I would have kept it all so my girls could have enjoyed it too :( Thanks again for this great challenge - we get so caught up in recording our kids' lives that we forget we're living one too.

Julia said...

I got an album and some pretty papers today - I can't wait until I have time to use them! :)

I can't sem to upload anything into my member gallery (juliahd). I have one pic in there from another challenge but I can't add anything more :(

Julia said...

by the way, I love to idea of having some "top ten" pages in this book. Movies, books, songs...