Saturday, July 18, 2009

Fun with collages

Most of the time, I scrap one or two photos on a page. But when a special event comes along where I take lots of pictures, I have a hard time not including them in my albums.

Case in point: our trip to the Morning Sound Farm petting zoo in June. I took lots of pictures and liked a lot of them. I knew a few I wanted to scrap on their own, to tell a mini-story of that day, but I wanted to create a layout that showcased several photos, to give a global feeling of our day.

So, in Picasa3, I chose twelve of my favourite photos from that day and made a collage, in the 8x10 size, and had it printed that way.



When I brought it home to scrap, I actually cut it apart down the middle, thinking I'd switch the two sides. But when I adhered it to my layout, I ended up leaving it as it had originally been created.



Thanks to Marcy's challenge to use white cardstock and some colourful October Afternoon products from the Shoppe, this layout came together quite quickly.

No comments: