Saturday, July 25, 2009

Making the most of my scrappy time

I am an event scrapbooker.

I’ll admit it. It’s true.

I find great joy in scrapping the events we attend so that we’ll remember them years down the road.

However, I also enjoy scrapping “the every day moments,” that is, the small stories that make up our lives.

And sometimes, at an event, there are everyday moments that occur. So instead of trying to cram everything onto a one or two page layout, I’ll create more than one layout for that day.

And that’s okay.

However, to make the most of my scrappy time, I’ve found that if I find the right products to match the photos of that day, the easiest thing to do is to use the same products on all of the layouts from that day.

And example of this are the layouts I created with the photos that I took at a petting zoo we visited this June.

This first layout is the “event layout” and summerizes our day:



And then, I created a few more layouts, using the same products (in this case, October Afternoon goodies from the Shoppe), to highlight some of my favourite pictures and little stories from the day.







Just a little something that I do, because I love scrapping the events and everyday moments of our lives and I want to make the most of my scrappy time when I do.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I like the idea of using the same "theme" of papers & embellishments for an event. It's a good way to tie everything together w/out having to do a mini-album.

Liz Goldhawk said...

great idea! I love these layouts!