Monday, April 6, 2009

Stamping on your Layouts #1

One of the things I love about the Red Star kits is the stamp Marcy designs each month to work with the kit. This week on the blog, I thought I'd share some ways you can incorporate stamping into your layouts. I'll also share some basic stamping tips along the way.

One of the reasons I love stamps is because you can choose the colours to work with different layouts, you can use them over and over again after the initial investment and they give a handmade (not quite perfect) finish. I usually handwrite my journaling, but sometimes that's not quite the look I want, but I also don't want the perfection of computer journaling. Using small alphabet stamps to journal gives me just the look I'm going for! I have a few different sets and use them to label photos, make small words in my titles, or to stamp a whole quote as I did on this layout.



I also love using stamps to create a co-ordinating journaling block, as I did on this layout using the stamp from the April kit:

*tip: When stamping, you don't want to rock back and forth, or push to hard. Doing either of these things will create a wonky image. Ink up your stamp, put it down on the paper and press evenly on the block. Then lift straight back up.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Great tip, Liz!
I still have the alpha stamps that I bought over 5 years ago when I first started. I have stamped quotes with them, too.