Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Stamping on your Layouts #2

I use alphabet stamps a lot for title on my layouts. Once again, I love that I always have enough of each letter and I can make them any colour. I often create titles by combining alpha stamps with alphabet stickers, chipboard letters, etc.

I also like to mix different styles of alphabet stamps to create a title. I always try to make sure they are very different from each other (eg. scripty with antique):

If you are worried about stamping right on your layout, you can stamp on a patterned paper or cardstock and cut them out. This is especially effective with outline alphabet stamps so you see a bit of the paper peeking through.

Another way I enjoy using outline alphabet sets is stamping in a dark colour, and colouring in the spaces with a glitter pen or white pen:

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love the different examples you posted, Liz!
You'll totally inspired me to stamp on the next project I tackle!!

Anne Krashel said...

Great examples Liz!
I love using alpha stamps too.