Friday, May 21, 2010

Tissue paper flower tutorial

I recently bought a new pair of Merrell sandals and like the tissue paper that it came with so much that I decided to use it for a scrappy project.

Here's what I did:

Cut a rectangle of the tissue paper (mine was approximately 8" by 5").


Fold it into a square (mine was six layers).


Cut out a circle (I tried punching out a circle with my punch, but it didn't even want to punch out one circle, so I used my scissors.)


Crumple them up a bit and layer them together.


Add a flower and a brad (I used Dear Lizzy product.)


Attach it to my layout.


And here's the completed layout.

Supplies used: Bazzill cardstock, AC Dear Lizzy pp, fabric paper, brads, embellishments, flowers & thickers, Pink Paislee letter stickers and a Little Yellow Bicycle journaling card, all from the Shoppe.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Jordan Elizabeth said...

Love the tissue paper idea! i love using anything i can to make things for my scrapbook. i just find it so much easier to make girlie things and bc i am making scrapbooks for my son, it tends to be very hard! any pointers?