Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A rebus challenge

Since it's my first time posting on the blog, I thought I'd start off with a fun challenge and a RAK.

Sage, my four year old daughter, likes to bring home Dora books from the library and some are the "rebus" kind. You know, where instead of the words, they insert a picture.

Well, my challenge to you is to use a rebus on a scrapbooking layout or card. It can be the title, the journaling, wherever you want to incorporate it. With all the fun scrapbooking stuff available, it seems like a fun way to use up some supplies.

Sound good?

Great!

Since we're having our November online crop this weekend, you can think of this challenge as a very early bird challenge from me. ;)

Just post your card or layout in the MSS Gallery and link it back to the forum (this is the link to the thread) before Sunday, November 8th at midnight. Then from everyone who participated in the challenge, I'll draw for a RAK.

Oh, and as a bit of inspiration, here's the layout I created for this challenge:




Can you figure out the title?

It's: "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

I used Bazzill cardstock, Crate Paper, Fancy Pants, Cosmos Cricket, KI, October Afternoon and My Mind's Eye patterned paper, and American Crafts thickers, all from the Shoppe.




I traced a Maya Road chipboard tree trunk onto chipboard and cut it out. (The original was a little too tall for this layout.)

Thanks for looking and I hope you'll play along. :)

5 comments:

Lucy Edson said...

Love that idea!! My dd loves Dora books too!

Anonymous said...

love your layout, and the challenge!
i think i'll do this one this week....thank for the idea! :)

Liz Goldhawk said...

great challenge and beautiful layout, Leigh!

Danielle Flanders said...

That layout is so cute!! Love this idea!

Marcy said...

Very cool challenge Leigh! This one will be hard for me!