Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Picasa 3

My computer crashed last week and I needed to re-upload Picasa into my computer to edit my photos. (I love how fast and speedy it is.)

When I went to download it, it was replaced with Picasa 3.

So I downloaded it. I noticed a few changes, but everything seemed about the same.

Well, I went to Marlo's this afternoon and downloaded it for her. We played around with it a little and I thought she was going to hyperventalate, she was so excited with what she could do with it now!

A few new things about it:

1. You can add text to the photos.
2. A bunch of new crop sizes.
3. The collage feature!!!

Before, with the collage, you'd choose 6 photos and get a photo grid on a 4x6 with 6 2x2 pictures on it, like this:





Now, there are tons of options for the collages-- from two photos on one 4x6 (so 2 3x4 photos), like this:





(Here I added the text-- you can customize the colour, font, size, etc.)


to different collage shapes (different sizes of the photos on one collage), like this:





AND you can add borders, too, like this:



or this:



I'm just so excited, because I created a few collages earlier this week in my Microsoft Digital Standard program. It. Took. Me. Forever.

Now, with Picasa 3, I can create my photo collages quickly and then have more time left over to scrap.

Win. Win.


P.S. If you'd like me to come over and download it for you, I charge one can of diet A&W Rootbeer. ;)

7 comments:

valerie said...

SWEET! I'll be downloading that ASAP! Woohoo! Thanks Leigh!

Liz Goldhawk said...

love those collages!!! And it sounds MUCH faster than the way I do it... thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

I use Microsoft Digital and I can never get nice borders like that and it does take FOREVER!!

I'll give you 2 rootbeers if you want to fly out here!!

BTW - if you use Picasa, do ALL your pics get stored there? My pics are are all in Microsoft Digital Library and sorted that way, so wondering how you have both??

valerie said...

YAY! I downloaded, my pics transferred over, and I've sent in my ds's school picture (taken by marcy) in wallet size & 2x3. LOVE that!!! Thanks for pointing out all the awesome collage features, Leigh!

Anne Krashel said...

Thanks for the turtorial Leigh. Will be downloading this as soon as I send my ds back to bed!

Laurie said...

Leigh YOU ROCK!!! Thank you so much for blogging this. I have already downloaded it and played. So easy. So much fun. This will save me so much time!! Yaaayyy!!I officially owe you as many A&W Rootbeers as you want!!

Tam said...

oh sweet!! Thanks so much for the heads up!