Thursday, November 13, 2008

Colour...

How do you use colour on your layouts? Neutrals with a pop of colour, or lots of colours all together on one layout Do you choose colours from your pictures, or choose the colours first and find pictures to work with them? Do you have a favourite book/website/place you turn to for colour inspiration?

I usually choose colours to work with the colours in my pictures when I'm doing layouts. I usually have a few colours, plus a neutral (or two) mixed in. When I'm working on cards, I get to choose the colour combos, and I get into "ruts" of what I like and always use those combos.

I have a file on my computer labeled "Inspiration" where I'll save layouts, web pictures, colour challenges to refer to when I want to get out of a rut. I also have a few colour inspiration sites/blogs in my favourites:

Kristina Werner's blog - she posts a colour challenge each week

Sew, Mama, Sew - an online fabric store with fun, colourful fabrics

Anthropologie - online store (make sure you check out the jewelery, pillows and plates)

art.com - an online gallery... I love the vintage art and abstract sections...


I'd love it if you shared some of your favourite colour inspiration sources!

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, what great examples and ideas!