Sunday, November 30, 2008

Stamp Storage

I like to pride myself on being organized but when it comes to scrapbooking supplies, I'm often searching for a better system.

For instance, take my stamps.



Most of my acylic stamps are stored in a basked on my desk, with my block, ink pads, some wood mounted stamps, etc. Convenient and at my fingertips, yes. Easy to locate and take to crops, no.

I recently purchased two Making Memories stamps sets from the Shoppe and they came with their own clear folders. I also noticed that Marcy had some packages of extra folders for sale as well.



So, I decided to see if I could come up with a better storage solutions for my stamps.

I cut several sheets of white cardstock to 5.5x7.25" and slipped one behind each set of stamps. This way, I can see my stamps clearly in the folders and it lets me slip a second set in behind the first set, so I'm using both sides of the folder (the same way we would put two layouts in one page protector.





I decided to store my journaling stamps together, my word stamps together, my shapes together, Red Star Stamps from the MSS monthly kits together, etc.







The individual stamps also fit well in the binders (see Heidi Swapp stamps above.)

Now, how to put them all together....
Marcy had said that she could order in the Making Memories Clear Stamp Storage Binder in for me, but, with Christmas coming, I didn't want to purchase something like this quite yet.
My solution: use a leftover D-ring binder from our church (we'd used them for our church cookbook several years ago.) The storage folders fit well, although they do stick out the end a little.


And because I needed to cover up the front cover and side...

I made two labels using white cardstock and my printer.
Now, if I'm invited to a crop, I can pick up my binder and go, with all my stamps along.
And my basket on my desk now looks a lot neater, too. :)








3 comments:

Tam said...

what a great idea! I know my basket is overflowing too.

Liz Goldhawk said...

Your stamp binder looks great Leigh! Thanks for sharing...

Marcy said...

Very cool Leigh!