Friday, November 13, 2009

A different use for chipboard



I was working on this layout a couple of weeks ago and was pretty happy with it, but felt it needed something else. I decided that a little more layering could be good, so I searched through my container of Fancy Pants chipboard shapes and came across this one. I didn't think two chipboard shapes would work that well, but I like the shape of them together. So, I found some coordinating patterned paper....



...and decided to trace the shape and cut it out. I flipped them both over and traced onto the back of the patterned paper...



... cut it out, sanded my edges and added it to my layout, under the chipboard red swirl. And voila, my completed layout:



How have you used chipboard in a different/creative way?
Leave a comment here telling me how and I'll draw for a RAK next week.

6 comments:

Susi said...

Nothing too creative.. but I'll easily paint, ink,sand or cover it with pp to give it a different color/look. Really like what you did! I'll have to give that a try some time.

Julia said...

I haven't done anything too creative. I love being able to colour raw chipboard any colour I want to, or use heat embossing to make it metallic. I love the way you used it in the LO on this post!

jen k said...

hmmmm..something creative?
i mostly have covered raw chipbaord,
i love the look of white marker on raw chipboard...just makes it looked bleached out.
love your creativity on this lo Leigh!

deryqueen said...

I like to stamp on mine with flourishes, gives an interesting look, sometimes I love the look sometimes not so much

carol said...

I love stamping on my chipboard too. or making it look like thick vinyl by using Extra Thick Embossing Powder.

Julie Overby said...

Great idea Leigh!!

I've run raw chipboard alphies through my Wizard with a Spellbinders impressibility on it. This creates a raised or embossed pattern on it. It looks cool!