Friday, November 6, 2009

It's getting to be that time of year again....

Even though it's still only the first week of November (& gorgeous out!-- what's with that??), it seems like a natural thing to start thinking about Christmas-- especially if you're planning on making some crafts/gifts this year.

I thought I'd share some of the projects I've made over the past few years at Christmastime. Some have been gifts, others have become favourite decorations that I look forward to displaying every year in our home....

I made these wreath (inspired by Donna Downey) several years ago. I keep the photos the same each year, although it would be simple enough to change them up. I just get a thrill seeing my kids little and oh, so cute!



The first one I display in my front entrance. This next one, I gave to my mom, who actually keeps it up all year long in her condo.



Another wall decoration...



A Christmas countdown with magnets on our fridge (inspired by Jen K.)



Some Christmas ornaments I made with Making Memories metal tags and Basic Grey pp.



Last year, I made this advent countdown. The kids loved searching in the boxes every morning to find a treat or a note.



And last year, I also made this Christmas List mini-book, in which I listed all of the things we do at Christmas time.



Here are a few inside pages:








I hope you've enjoyed our Christmas week on the blog.

If we've inspired any Christmas projects, I hope you'll share them with us in our gallery.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I love love love love all of these ideas! Where did you get the little frames and how did you do those wreaths?