Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Card Inspiration

Wow - can you believe it's almost December?? Where has the time gone!? I feel incredibly unprepared for Christmas....I haven't made any cards, bought any presents, or sent out invitations for a party that we're hosting next weekend (!!). I think this warm weather has messed with my head! I just can't seem to get into Christmas mode yet.

One of the things I'm giving as Christmas gifts are homemade cards. I've vowed to make one card a night for the next week and a half so I can get it all done. So far, so good (did I mention that I only started yesterday?? Ha!) I thought I'd share my cards with you throughout the next few weeks, and the inspiration behind each of them.

Oddly enough, I find making cards harder than doing layouts. I have no idea why. Maybe it's because there's such little space to work with. Or because there's no picture to work around. Either way it always takes me 4358923497 times longer to make a card than a layout. And if you knew how long it took me to do a layout...well, let's just say you'd probably laugh! What I like to do are look at layouts as inspiration and see how I can scale them down. For the card below, I actually found my inspiration from this:

Supplies used: Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly Punch (large, medium and small), Crate patterned paper, pop dots

The best part is that it uses up all my little scraps of pp. And once you get going, it doesn't take that long. Better get going on my card for tonight....wouldn't want to fall off the bandwagon on day 2. I mean, how pathetic would that be? Ha!

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great card, Flo!

jen k said...

i totally have this project bookmarked...love that you used the idea on a card!!

carol said...

Very nice card. This is why I have so many stamps. I usually make 6-12 of the same cards at one sitting.

I will keep this butterfly one in mind for spring birthday cards though! Really cute!