Sunday, November 29, 2009

I missed my regular Thursday post, so here is a late night (well, late for me) post for you!

I am absolutely in love with Advent Calendars.  I don't know why, but I think they are great.  I have made large wooden ones for the kids (I wanted to have pictures for you, but DH didn't want to dig them out for me).  They are basically a 2'x3' piece of MDF with 24 squares routed out on each.  Each square has a watchmakers case attached to them with hot glue (which the treats go in for each day).  They are painted, each in a different theme, for each of the kids. 

Last year, after seeing this, by Leigh,



I bought one of the bases for myself.  However (and no, I'm not kidding) I think DH threw it out. I can't find it anywhere.  And I'm even more bummed, now that I saw this, by Sherri.




These are both SOOO well done! I just love them!

Then I found  this one.   I fell head over heels for both the simplicity of it and the elegance.  So, this is my new project.  I'm planning on tackling this tomorrow. 




I can't wait!

Anyway! Now that you've been overloaded by Advent Calendars, hopefully you'll be inspired to make your own!

Creative Love to you all!

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oooh, that is nice. I just don't have the room for something like that...
Can't wait to see yours, Nicole!