Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Right Now I Love

Welcome to another new blog segment called "Right Now I Love....". Each month, one of the DTs will highlight a product, technique, etc. that they're loving and share it with you.

In the January kit, Marcy included a sheet of the diecut ki calendar paper. At the time, I loved it too much to even use it! Finally this week, I decided to stop hoarding it and put it to use. At first I really wanted to use it and showcase the days of the week - maybe use it as a way to document a 'Week in the Life' pictures, or something along those lines, like seen in these layouts:

Susan Weinroth

Kelly Purkey

But because I can never stick with those sorts of things, I knew that would never work for me.
So instead I decided to cover up the days of the week using some fabric and just use it as regular 'cardstock'. I love that the calendar boxes act as grid lines and help contain all the small pieces of pp, which would otherwise be left floating.

I think there's still more calendar papers in the shoppe, in different shapes and colours. I know I'll definitely have to get my hands on more the next time I'm there! Have you used these papers? I'd love to see what you did with them! Leave a comment and show me your layouts!

4 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love these diecut papers, too!
Fabulous layout and way to use it, Flo!

Leigh Penner said...

I used a sheet of it here: http://www.myscrapshoppe.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13162&sort=1&cat=500&page=4 and the back of it here: http://www.myscrapshoppe.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=13161&sort=1&cat=895&page=1
I have a sheet of it in pink, too, and you've given me an idea of how to use it. Thanks, Flo!

Anonymous said...

great page flo!

Laurie said...

Ha .. I love this paper but have been definitely hoarding mine... every one of them.. but you've given me ideas as to how to use them.. thanks Flo.. Great LO!