Monday, March 28, 2011

Featured Product Challenge

This week's challenge is a Feature Product Challenge, where we'll choose a specific product for you to use on your layout. I was pretty excited to work with this month's product as I pretty much use them on every layout anyway. Here's my growing collection:
Figured it out? Yep, this month we're challenging you to break out those mists! For the most part, I use my mists pretty simply - I stick my paper in a box, and mist away. I never understood how people got those perfect splotches of mist on their layouts, until Marcy posted this tutorial on her blog. Duh! But I've never really tried using mists to mask, like these layouts:


Perhaps that's what I should have done with this challenge, actually. Oh well. Anyway, here's what the DT came up with.

My layout. In case you can't see, I misted the cardstock with Studio Calico White Mister Huey, and I also misted each of the shipping tags a different colour - Pink Maya Mist, Sunshine Maya Mist and Lunchtray Mister Huey.

If I'm correct, Leigh used something other than conventional mists for her layout. You'll have to ask her how she did it though :)
Jen's layout - her blue misting gives that awesome pop of colour against the pink pp.

Come play along with us! Be sure to link your layouts to this thread if you have!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hello ladies!

I LOVE playing with mists as well and am certainly going to be picking up some of those Mister Huey's VERY soon...

Here's the link to my blog where I did 3 layouts using Tattered Angels glimmer mists...

"Amigas"
"Recital"
"on our way to Mexico"

thanks for the challenge!
Kim
:)

www.thescrappinstudio.blogspot.com