Thursday, October 15, 2009

Hello. My name is Nicole.

And I am a craft-aholic. 

And, yes. Scrapbooking falls under that craft-aholic banner. 
I have been scrapbooking officially since 1998, when I made a mini-book/year book of my year at Bible college in Sweden.  That book has long since been destroyed, so I can't show it to you, but I will show you one of my early layouts a bit later on!

I remember thinking (during my 2 year stint as a single mom) that I would never have time to really scrapbook.  It seemed like life would never slow down, and that I would never have the time to treasure (or record) the moments which were consuming my every minute. But now that I have my wonderful husband, and another 4 kids (5 total) to scrap about, I have more time, and ironically, infinitely more stuff to scrap about...and still not enough time to do it all!!

So today, while I still don't feel like I have a whole lot of extra time to actually get scrapping, I am incredibly more grateful; for not only the time that I get to devote to this wonderful, important hobby, but also the man who takes care of everything else while I do it!

Speaking of being grateful...our mid-month DT challenge for October is "GRATEFUL".  Be sure to keep your eyes on our forum and our gallery to see what our DT's came up with this month!

Now...on to my scrap space. Well, as of 7 days ago, I no longer have a dedicated scrap space. Sad, I know, but I am now in the same boat as so many of you out there...I scrap on the kitchen/dining room table.  I have many (MANY) cabinets to store my scrap stuff, but like I said...this table is now my scrap space.



And yes. It always has people around it, stuff on it, and is basically a mess....if not from a meal, then as a result of a scrapping session. But, I work with what I have!

And here is that early layout I promised. 



What was that about sticker sneeze and country dot lettering, Marcy???

SO! Now that you've learned more about me than you ever wanted to know...you can hold your breath in anticipation to meet Leigh tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Love your first layout, Nicole! You've come a long way, baby!

Marcy said...

Oh yes... that's the lettering!!!!!!! LOL!

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Fantastic Nicole. I didn't know that picture of me existed. Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

nicole said...

anytime Shannon. anytime. :)