Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Me... Marcy

Hi everyone!

My turn. Marcy here. Although I've been a fixture here from the beginning, and I'm wondering what about me you don't know, I'll recap.

I started scrapbooking in 1999 I think. When my daughter was born. I've always kept stuff though... and glued it down in books and labeled it and added stickers and stuff, so I guess I'd say I've scrapbooked in one form or another since grade school. If there's a craft out there I've done it (except crocheting... that's for this winter!), but scrapbooking combined so many of my favorite things... photography, my family, memories and pretty papers.

In 2002 I looked into Creative Memories but remember going, "That's it?" when I saw the product available. So, after that I looked into other individual companies. Thanks to my dad I was able to use a small part of the video store (one counter to start) and started from there. We've now grown to around 1300 sq. ft. and carry the newest and best stuff in Manitoba. Over the years we've had ups and downs... we've even had customers who've taken our ideas, learned from us and started their own stores... but thanks to all our wonderful customers we're still here! We've got lots of new things in store for the shoppe this fall (new classes, a retail Red Star Studio section, and lots more) so stay tuned!

Okay. Back to me. hee hee.

My first layouts have long been taken apart. The photos were cut into shapes. Oh yes. Stars... circles... hearts... ovals... you name it. They'd share the page, but have nothing in common. Little tiny stickers would fill empty spaces and there'd be lots of handwriting (with those little country dots on the ends of the letters... you know the ones) and solid colored paper in primary hues (because that's all I could find here). Lots of deco scissor mats. LOTS! When I started the shoppe, things changed and actual product was found on my pages. I graduated from the sticker sneeze to Becky Higgins. Probably the most "unlike me" pages I've ever created. After Becky Higgins it was Ali Edwards.

And, here's the first layout I posted in the MSS gallery. I'm 100% sure it was lifted from Ali. (Notice the horrible scan job! Man... I could never get those two sides to line up properly! LOL)

But, now, in my defense I feel it necessary to illustrate how my style has changed in the last 7 years (I'd be too embarassed not to...)

My space.

I've shared my space before here. In the last few months it's become more of a storage room as we get ready for our addition (and this room becomes an office) in spring.

Here's what it looks like today...

Yuck. Not inspiring and all the stuff in here is driving me nuts (my scrapbook stuff is in that counter and then on the wall you can't see in the picture). Spring will not come soon enough! I've been sacrificing my space to store baskets, candles, office stuff... everything... but my next space will ROCK... so it'll be worth it.

So, that's me. Tomorrow we get to "meet" another one of our new girls... Nicole.

No comments: