Friday, October 16, 2009

My turn..... Leigh

Hi, my name is Leigh Penner and I am a scrapaholic. ;)

I've been a proud member of the MSS DT for almost four years now. I am married to my husband of 13.5 years, Cameron and am the mom to three children: two sons, Austin & Jonah, ages 10 & 7, and a daughter, Sage, who's 5. I have recently gone back to work as a substitute teacher. In addition to scrapbooking, I also enjoy getting together with friends, photography, reading and taking tae kwon do.

Like Marcy, I enjoyed lots of different crafts in the past, but when I discovered scrapbooking in the spring of 2003, it just seemed to be a hobby that clicked for me, because it combined craftiness with photography and storytelling.

Like I said, I started scrapbooking in May 2003 through a good friend of mine who sold CM at the time. She was going away for a week on a vacation and we'd planned a beginner party at my house for when she got home. During that week, I went to the libary and online and did some research, where I discovered scrapbooking magazines and more specifically, Becky Higgins. I remember looking for her ABC's of Creative Lettering book in Winnipeg and falling in love with her style. I loved that she also did her own lettering. My first layout was a scraplift of a layout in the ABC's book.



Don't laugh!

My style has definitely evolved over the past six years and changed considerable when I discovered MSS and started shopping there (even though at the time, I was clueless about how to use patterned paper!)

Here's my most recent layout:



Now, about where I scrap...
My scrappy space is found in a little nook of our basement rec room. (By the way, I took these pictures in spring when the space was complete and it has never looked this tidy again!)









So, that's me. Make sure you check back tomorrow to read about another "old-timer" to the team: Jen K.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Those spaces never stay clean long! I had that ABC's of Creative Lettering book too!

jen k said...

OLD TIMER??!!??
lol, thanks leigh. ;)