Tuesday, October 13, 2009

we interrupt your regularly scheduled program...

for this announcement.

Please please watch your children while you're shopping!

It's not uncommon for me to clean up the toys in the back (and in the front... or wherever they end up) on a daily basis. And even though, because of my practice at home cleaning up after my own kids, I am very good at it... I have lots of other things to do (like getting new product out). I've already eliminated many of the toys, but I may have to eliminate them all together.

I'm also often putting misplaced product back where it belongs (but that's TOTALLY part of the territory and I don't mind doing that).

Today alone I have to pick up the toys, pick up the courtesy magazines off the floor and wipe off foot prints off my upholstered chairs in the front... and will not have time to unpack any of the boxes that arrived today.

I have a lot of new and exciting things planned for the shoppe and plan on making it more homey, cute, and less retail. But I'm slightly discouraged right now.

So. Please please watch your children.

1 comment:

deryqueen said...

Sorry that you are having to deal with this Marcy :( I hope you can get people to understand that you are offering this area as a courtesy to your customers and with that comes the respect of making sure your children do no less there than they would do in there own home. I hope it gets better.