Friday, October 16, 2009

last but not least

hi.
its Jen.
the master of procrastination...
i get my layouts posted last, every time.
even with the best of intentions, they are
still late. sorry marcy.

Most of you already know me, but for the newer peeps,
here it goes.

i hate laundry, i wish it would do itself..
i love U2..have ever since i listened to the joshua tree album...
my hubby does all the cooking, i AM able to cook, but it just
works better the other way.
...i use alot of periods when i blog and/or post.....not sure
why...oh, and i don't text. i refuse to.

i have been scrapbooking for 7+ years,
and loved every minute of it.
I have 2 awesome girls, Jolie(8) and Aymie(6),
and of course my hubby Mike, who thankfully puts up
with my organized chaos in the dining room.

i have been on the DT for almost 5, right Marcy?
i believe i am the last original member.

i am a colourful, stripe-y scrapbooker, you'll understand
that if you check out my gallery. i love one-photo layouts,
and i love taking everyday "moment" photos and making
them super special.

my current scrappy obsessions are deer, owls, and buttons.

i have a hard time scrapbooking Christmas photos..not sure why.


so above is my scrap space. which doubles as the dining room.
i am sitting in my "special" spot, its where i work my magic.
(and where i eat, so if i make a mess i can only blame myself)
i hope to one day have my own room, but i'll take what i can get
for now...i have the space fairly organized and have everything at
arms reach..i really love the paper rack. my dad had it made for me
2 christmases ago..i'd be lost w/o it now. i also love displaying my
girls artwork and my favourite layouts on the walls...what you can't
from this photo though are the MANY nail holes in the walls from me
moving photos around..yikes!!!

and apparently we are sharing our first layouts...well below is the
very first one i did by myself at home..there was one i had done before
at a class, but it was SOOOO bad i threw it out!! it was so bad i
almost gave up right then and there. as you can see i was all about
the computer typed titles and lymeric (sp) journalling..



but enough of the old layouts, a couple of my recent creations...

made this for my scrap space, its a lift from one of my favourite scrapbookers, Kelli Crowe


...and this lo is from the August kit? i think?? it was one of my favourite kits!! Marcy rocks putting those things together!!


...and this is my most recent layout. its was for our mid-month feature, being "grateful"
i am really digging the orange/blue combo lately.


so there you go!
you've met all of the DT girls!!
keep checking the blog daily, as we will
be adding to it constantly..

i will be posting monday BOOK OF ME challenges again..
and i believe each DT member will be offering
something different daily!!!

later!!!

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Your space is so "happy"!! So cool seeing your first layout! ;)