Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Recipe Stand

I don't know about you, but I used to have the worst system when it came to recipes. I had a whole stack of books and Kraft magazines thrown into a drawer that I rarely looked at because the pile was so intimidating and I never remembered where anything was anyway. My one attempt at organizing resulted in a folder on my desktop, aptly labeled 'Recipes' where, if I remembered, I stored all the recipes we found online. But we rarely referenced the folder when trying to meal plan either.

So, while browsing the internet one day, I came across this recipe stand. Genius! I never did like recipe boxes with cards shoved in. Sounds dumb, but I actually don't like having the recipe card/book sitting on the counter. Because if you're like me, by the time you're finished cooking, the card is splattered and smeared with every ingredient listed. Which makes for great art, but then next time I never know how much pepper to put in because there's a huge blob right over top the number. "Is that 2 Teaspoons? Cups? Litres?!” I loved that all the cards could be on a stand, easy to flip through, up off the counter and out of harm’s way. I haven’t yet, but to further add protection to my collection of recipes passed down from generation to generation....or, ahem, from Kraft magazines and Pioneer Women’s collections, I plan on cutting down a sheet of acrylic that I had leftover from a mini album, punching holes, and slipping that on the front of the stand. That way, I can also take it off and put it in front of the recipe as I cook. I’m all about preservation and prevention baby!





Supplies used:
Maya Road Recipe Stand
pp: Heather Bailey + Hambly
alphas: AC + Cosmo Cricket
stamps: Studio Calico
embellishments: Cosmo Cricket
mist: Maya Road Charcoal
other: Fiskars Threading Water punch

Now I just have to transfer all my recipes onto recipe cards. Yeah, that part of the plan wasn't well thought out.....

4 comments:

Laurie said...

You are amazing. I love it. I'm putting in my request for Marcy to order some in .. who am I trying to kid....already done.. haha

flo said...

Oh Laurie, how did I KNOW that if anyone was going to ask Marcy to get some in it would be you?? ;)
Thank you!

Leigh Penner said...

Very cool, Flo!

Laurie said...

Eeeek Flo!!! I hope I don't have a rep for being high maintenance!??! In any case, you are certainly welcome!