Friday, April 16, 2010

Leigh's happy, I mean, scrappy place

Well, I need to start off by saying that there's nothing quite like a week of posting DT scrap spaces to get me to clean up my space! (And it was so well timed, too! When I started cleaning up my space, I took the time to go through all my stuff and set it aside for tomorrow's scrappy garage sale at Super Scrap Day.)

Okay, with that said, here's my space. It's located in the north west corner of my basment and is close to the computer, a fact that I love.



I have some shelving units which hold my stuff...



First shelf, from top to bottom: boxes with ribbon, old alphabet stamps (wooden and foam), envelopes, cards, etc. Then some 8x8 completed albums and a basket of punches and a really long stapler. Beneath those, my 8.5x11 albums and at the bottom is my daughter's scrappy stuff in a basket.

On the second shelf, on the top shelf, I keep my acrylic stamp binders, embossing powder and some containers with buttons and other little embellishments. Beside those is a basket which holds extra adhesive, scissors, pinking sheers and my CM circle cutting system.

Below that are my cropper hoppers that hold my cardstock, the storage containers I made years ago with dividers for my patterned paper (sorted by manufacturer) and my binders that hold most of my alphas and some extra rub-ons, stickers, etc.



I sort my alphas by colour and slip them into 8.5x11 page protectors with a sheet of white paper in them. This way I can flip through the binders to find the perfect alphas for my layout. I have one binder with black and brown alphas and another for my coloured ones.



On the next shelf, I store some things in rubbermaid containers: my wood mounted stamps and ink, my acrylic paint, cardstock scraps (& my heat gun) and some older Scenic Route and Heidi Swapp chipboard letters that I can't bring myself to part with.



On my table, I keep an according file folder filled with patterned paper scraps (also sorted by manufacturer), some baskets, my paper trimmers and an IKEA organizer.



In the baskets, I have one for photos & bits of ephemeria. I try to keep the photos sorted and in chronological order, but sometimes this gets away on me. Another basket is for journaling cards and paper embellishments and the third holds tools I use often, some ink pads and adhesive.



In my IKEA organizer, I store 8x10 photos, my large ruler, smaller rulers, scissors, white cardstock and pens. There are also some notes or ideas for layouts. In the basket beside it are embellishments for layouts. In the tiny bowl are small embellisments, like pins, brads, etc.



I store my sewing machine beside my stool, under the table and pull it onto the table when I need it.



Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

gossip girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.