Thursday, January 21, 2010

I get bored easily.  It's true.  It's not something I'm proud of, but again, it's true. 

I get bored of doing one thing all the time.  That's why I go through stages when I will do a lot of sewing or a lot of scrapping or a lot of crocheting or a lot of cooking/baking. 

So, this week, I tried my hand at something new.

Instead of using paper, I used fabric!
The background and the white that the photo is on, are both fabric.





It was a challenge, because I couldn't use any glue (it just sinks into the fabric, and I didn't have any fabric glue on hand) so I pretty much sewed everything on.  The little circle tag is sewn on by a line of stitches (hand stitched) and so are the red fibres at the bottom. 




My journalling is tucked in behind the photo on a little strip of white cardstock. 

I'm incredibly happy with how this turned out.  It's simple, but mostly, it was really fun to make!

I'm thinking it might be really neat to buy some of that printable iron on transfer stuff  (do you know what I mean?) and make a layout with all fabric materials, and maybe make it into a pillow!  I think they would make cute Valentine's day gifts for the grandparents!

Happy Thursday everyone!