Friday, January 15, 2010

Journaling cards

I love to used journaling cards on my layouts/cards and October Afternoon's journaling cards are some of my favourites.

The other day, when I was making a layout, I thought I'd use the top right hand card from this sheet:



But, then I felt the yellow polkadots weren't the right colour and with my white cardstock background the off-white of the card didn't work as well. So, I decided to make my own.

I opened up a text box in word and made it the same size as the OA journaling card. With some more text boxes, I made a title ("Take note:"), some red journaling lines by using the "shift+-" key and then added some computer journaling, adjusting my line spacing so that it would fit perfectly. I then printed it out on white cardstock, added a strip of red polka-dotted OA pp and adhered it to my layout.

Here's what it looks like:



And how it looks on my layout:



So here's my challenge to you.... I challenge you to make your own journaling card this weekend with the online crop. It can be with the computer like I explained or you could do it by hand-- it's up to you. Post it in the MSS gallery before midnight on Sunday, January 17th and I'll give a RAK to the person who's name I pick.

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

1 comment:

valerie said...

I did it -- hope it counts!! :)