Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mid-Month Challenge - This Year...


I don't know about you, but I was never a New Years Resolution type of person. In fact, I kind of hate goal-setting in general. Maybe it's because I'm so A-type that if I know I'm going to fail something, I don't even try to do it in the first place. Ha!

But this month's mid-month challenge (that's a mouthful) made me realize that not all goals had to be super specific, like having to lose 20 lbs in a month, or not eating sweets (yeah...right!). Instead, I focused on more relational things for the most part, which really don't have a definitive 'done' point to them. Does that even make sense? In other words, I chose goals that weren't necessarily quantifiable. Wow, did I really just use that word on a scrapbooking blog? Yikes. That must mean it's time to shut up and show the pics already!

The book was made entirely out of Maya Road Kraft Envelopes. For the cover, I cut the largest size envelope along the folded seams so I could fit lots inside, and so that it still looked like an envelope when closed. Studio Calico Homefront pp and alphas, October Afternoon Wild Cards, Sassafras paper whimsies, Maya Mist and Collage Press journaling labels completed the book. It took me 3 hours to get it all done, which is a record for me. All of the journaling, or my goals for the year, are hidden inside each envelope.

Journaling: This year, I want to spend more quality time with Kent
Journaling: This year, I hope to restore lost and broken relationships with friends + family.

[I have no idea why this is yellow tinted, I couldn't fix it!]
Journaling: This year, I want to learn how to sew! No more paying for hemming pants!
Journaling: This year, I want to take more pictures and capture more of our everyday moments so I can scrapbook them.
Journaling: This year, I hope to be finished with all the house renovations and just enjoy this house.
Journaling: This year, Kent turns 30 and I want to surprise him with a vacation somewhere warm this winter.


Like every other month, post your layouts for this challenge to this thread and we'll draw a winner at random to win a RAK! Happy goal setting!

3 comments:

nicole said...

I love this book Flo!

Laurie said...

Great book Flo.. did you get the envelopes at the shoppe? I love them.

Marcy said...

this is beautiful Flo!