Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day Cards

I don't know why, but when I think of Valentine's Day cards, I always think of cute little "punny" sayings. And the one that always comes to mind is from an old Simpsons' episode, where Lisa give Ralph a Valentine that says: "It says I choo-choo-choose you." And there's a picture of a train on it. Very cute!

So, I decided, in the spirit of love and puns, (& because, well, I love puns!) to make some Valentines for those who are dear to my heart. And what better way, than to dive into my scraps!

For the first couple I made, I thought about using my tools to make shapes. So, I cut a larger circle and then trimmed it off and punched it with my scalloped edge punch. I made an umbrella...


Supplies used: Daisy D's pp (from the Feb. kit), Bella Blvd pp & an Autumn Leaves stamp.


And a cupcake...

Supplies used: Collage Press pp (from the Jan. kit), Pink Paislee pp & glitter brad.


Then, as I was digging through my supplies, I realized that I had quite a few chipboard shapes that could easily be used for cards. Here's what I came up with...

Supplies used: My Mind's Eye & Crate pp, an American Crafts bird and an Autumn Leaves stamp.


Supplies used: Pink Paislee pp & Cosmo Cricket cherries (from the June add-on kit).


Supplies used: My Mind's Eye pp, an American Crafts butterfly and an SEI stamp.


Supplies used: Crate Paper pp, My Mind's Eye chipboard mug and Bazzill cardstock.

So, what about you? Do you plan on making some Valentines this year?


No comments: