Friday, February 26, 2010

Stitching, part two

Although I typically use a straight stitch or zigzag stitch on my layouts, a few weeks ago, I was looking at my options on the front of my machine and new stitch caught my eye-- one that looked like a scalloped edge stitch. I decided to try it out on a layout:



You can see on the layout above that I ran it down the middle, on the patterned paper and over the photo as well. I kept the stitch at a 4 width and a 2 length.

I was happy with how it turned out, but when it came to making this halloween layout, I decided to change the length to less than one. This gave a more filled in look and I was quite pleased with how it turned out as a border on this layout:



So many stitch options (my machine has 30!), so little time. ;)

So, what are your favourite stitches to use on layouts?

No comments: