Monday, December 1, 2008

Card display inspiration

I saw a neat idea on Ali Edwards' blog last week and thought I'd try to make one myself.

So, I got a good looking assistant to help me cut some branches in our back yard.





I brought them inside and placed them in a stainless steel container with rocks in it to stabilize the branches. I placed the container on a tray.



Then I added some ribbon to the container, some decorations to the branches, a bowl of peanuts and some of my daughter's crafts on the tray.



I also added a photo card that I received for Christmas this year. My plan is to use this container of branches to display all the Christmas cards we receive this year. To attach the cards, I'm using clips. Or I might punch some holes and tie some ribbon.

For now, so it doesn't look too bare, I added some paper decorations that I made last year.



Marcy taught me how to make these at the Shoppe a couple of years ago.
You can find the instructions on how to make them here.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Love this Leigh! I had "branches in a crock" set up in my living room (with changing decorations... butterflies for my DD's birthday being the last ones on there)... but it was just too huge (plus the cat was mistaking the sand in there for her litter box) so I tossed it! I might have to try a smaller version.

Eva said...

Love this idea, Leigh!! Thanks.
I was trying to figure out where to put my cards this year.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is such a cute idea! I made something very similar at Halloween. Love this!