Monday, December 29, 2008

Thank you cards, part I

I've been so inspired by Liz's sketches that I thought I'd try my hand at creating some card sketches. And because I'd like to encourage my kids to make some thank you cards for some of the gifts they received for Christmas, I'd better set a good example by sending them, too.

And, I figured, since they're thank you cards for Christmas gifts, why not use some of my new Christmas scrappy supplies to make them?

So here's the first sketch:



And the card I made with it:



I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper (red), Pink Paislee patterned paper (cream and silver), a Making Memories stamp, a Maya Road chipboard snowflake and Making Memories acrylic paint, all from the Shoppe.

If you make a card using this sketch, please link it back here in the comments-- we'd love to see it!

2 comments:

Liz Goldhawk said...

here's my card, Leigh... Thanks for the inspiration!

http://www.myscrapshoppe.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=10347

Leigh Penner said...

Looks great, Liz!
I guess you're my RAK winner-- thanks for playing along!