Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stretching your alphas (part I)

Who doesn't love chipboard alphas?

I know I adore them and can't imagine scrapbooking without them. ♥

However, sometimes it takes a little creativity to use them, especially when I've decided that a certain package is absolutely perfect for the page I'm working on and I'm missing some letters that I need to spell my title.

Case in point:

I had a layout that I was working on last week, using pictures of Sage in a red Gap hoodie. I wanted to use my Scenic Route chipboard letters for the page and I wanted to spell the word "puppy."

But, I was missing one "p", a "u" and a "y".

What to do?

Well, I quickly scanned my remaining letter and found a "d" that could easily become a "p". And I had two "h"s. One got flipped over to become a "y" and the other got flipped and trimmed to become a "u."

Now, when I cut down the "h", I realized that I cut off a little of the paint. So, I decided to sand the edges of all the letters to give them a bit of a distressed look.

I also matched up the two "p"s I had and put the "d" at the front of the word, so the fact that they all weren't identical wouldn't be as noticeable.

So, tell me, if I hadn't told you what I'd done, would you have known that I spelled "puppy" with two "p"s, two "h"s and a "d"?





(Supplies used: Bazzill cardstock, Jenni Bowlin patterned paper, star stickers and bingo card, Scenic Route chipboard letters and Doodlebug letter stickers.)

1 comment:

Anne Krashel said...

I would NEVER have noticed! Great job and thanks for the tip.