Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stamped Marble Coasters


Another quick and simple gift idea... These are tumbled marble tiles (no finish or sealers) and I stamped on them using pigment inks (slow drying... the kind you use for heat embossing). I found the tiles at Home Depot for $5.00 for nine tiles. I applied the inks to the stamps with sponge daubers so I could blend the colours. When I was done stamping, I put them in the oven (250 F) for half an hour to heat set them. After they cooled, I used a hot glue gun to attach felt squares to the back (you could also use the self adhesive felt furniture protectors). No sealer is required and they can be used with hot or cold beverages. I made a set of four in less than 15 minutes!

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is a very cool idea, Liz!
Thanks for sharing!!