Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gift Card Holders

If you're giving gift cards this year, you can still add a handmade touch with these gift card holders! I've made a few different versions this year, but they all start the same way.
Start with a 4 1/4" x 11" sheet of cardstock or patterned paper. Score it at 3", 5.5" and 8".
Stamp the two 3" ends on one side and all of the other side (if desired). Accordian fold on your score marks. Use thin double sided tape or other dry adhesive on three edges of an unstamped panel--NOT along the middle fold. Fold and press firmly on all the edges.
I used a word window punch to punch the slot in the middle piece (where the tape isn't). You could also use a hole punch to punch a circle at each end, and then use a craft knife and a ruler to make the opening.

I then used a circle punch (I only punched half of it) to create the rest of the opening. My circle punch was 1 1/4", but you can use any size.

I cut a 1"x8.5" strip of cardstock or patterned paper for each belly band, and stamped a sentiment or image panel to stick on the front of it.

You can see a video showing how to make these here as well: Stamping with Dawn ~ Gift Card Holders

If you make one, I'd love to see it!

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are great, Liz!!
Very clever!
I'll have to post mine-- I did a very different style.

carol said...

OH!!!!! I so have to make a few of these!!! Thanks for posting this, they look great!